Monday, February 26, 2007

Joe Blog's Interview #91 Serenity Quest

Name : Tisha!
Age : 34 (going on 5)
Location : Brussels, Belgium
Vocation : Cross-Cultural Consultant
Philosophy : Carpe Diem!

Sum up what your blog is about
Feel, think, react, let YOUR voice be heard. Serenity Quest is a platform for people of all backgrounds to express themselves.

Why are you doing your blog?
Blogging started out as therapeutic, a way to get things off my chest but it has developed into communication, dialogue and exchange of ideas and thoughts with other bloggers from whom I learn a great deal and am inspired.

What’s the funniest entry on your site?
Funny is in the eye of the beholder but for me it is a toss up between
Innocent or Guilty? and New York City Subway Tales (Tails).

What is your writing style?
Creative and freestyle writing, according to what’s on my mind at the moment.

What do people commonly say about your site?
Fun, wacky, weird. No doubt I am eccentric and people find oddities entertaining.

What would you be doing if you weren’t doing your blog?
Pulling my hair out!

Why should someone visit your site?
To share their experiences with others.

What did you learn from your first love?
Never trust a British bloke (tongue and cheek).

Are there any blogs, you enjoy reading?
There are so many and it would be difficult for me to name just one, so I’ll slyly not answer that thanks.

If you could invite anyone to a dinner party who would it be and why?
King David. He and I would sit around a banquet and shoot the breeze about his dilly-dallying.

What one website would you recommend and why?
We’re bombarded with so much bad news on a regular basis so every once in a while I visit the Good News Network to refresh my mind, my heart. Too much sad news can be unhealthy.

What's the weirdest thing you have seen in New York?
Millions of people walking with their heads down never making eye contact, weird.

Tell us about a good deed you have done recently
I’ve created a photo blog for a close friend and dang now he’s getting on my nerves.

Tell us a random funny story that comes to mind
In Brussels they often mistake me for a Moroccan. On one particular occasion an older gentleman addresses me in Arabic and was sorely disappointed I didn’t understand what he was saying. He was pissed and shouted in French “your parents should be ashamed of themselves not teaching you your culture and language”. I swore I wasn’t Moroccan but the schmuck wouldn’t believe me.

What advice would you have given yourself 5 years ago?
Never write about the family because at some point a relative will find ammunition for upheaval of your life.

Any interesting travel stories?
My Jordanian Adventure still freaks me out and makes me say “What was I thinking!?”

What’s the most incredible thing that ever happened to you?
The first time I set my eyes on Jerusalem an overpowering feeling came over me and I felt so insignificant and in awe.

Now it’s your turn! Ask me one question, anything you like.
Why do you blog?

Joe Blogs : I'm OK at creative writing, and I enjoy bringing lots of people together through this blog. It's interesting to see snippets into other peoples lives through these interviews I do.

Your Site Address : Serenity Quest