Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Joe Blog's Interview #14 Blaque Blogs

Name : Jonathan Blaque
Age : 37
Location : Chicago, Illinois
Vocation : Writer/Photographer
Philosophy : "Light a fire in the belly of the enemy and burn his black heart out."

Sum up what your blog is about for us.
My mission is to provide readers with a look at the odd, the unusual and the disturbing... along with a few good nudie pics thrown in for good measure.

Why are you doing your blog?
I was a regular in the Usenet group alt.tasteless for many years, but eventually the group was overrun with teenagers, trolls and other assorted vermin, making the once-engaging forum practically unbearable. Most of the other a.t. vets I'd grown to admire and respect soon began disappearing, and I found that a blog provided me with a much more comfortable and rewarding outlet.

How much would you sell your blog for?
I wouldn't. Maybe if someone were to approach me with a sponsorship offer, I might take them up on it, but I'm not particularly interested in "blogging for dollars." I blog for the fun and relaxation it brings me. And for the interesting hate mail it often generates.

Please include a picture to use in the article
I'm sorry, but that would be akin to demasking the Phantom of the Opera... and would likely produce the same horrified reaction from your readers as it did from Mary Philbin in the original 1925 film. Besides, if any of my clients (many of whom are staunch southern conservatives) were ever to ID me as Jonathan Blaque, I'd be on the unemployment line in pretty short order.

Tell us a random funny story that comes to mind :
A sampling of my stories from the old alt.tasteless days can be found at Vomit Boy ("Vomit Boy" being my old nom de plume, among others), but I warn you, most of them are decidedly not pretty.

Are there any blogs, you enjoy reading?
I enjoy several blogs of varying subject matter and content, many of which can be found on the sidebar of my own blog. Some of my favorites include Cliff Pickover's Reality Carnival, Crooks & Liars, Daily Kos, Gorilla Mask, Grow-A-Brain, Futility Closet, Damn Interesting, Boing-Boing and Chowdaheads. Tom DeLay's new blog is good for a mean-spirited chuckle as well.

Whats the funniest entry on your blog?
I try to vary the content from post to post and include several topics in each, so it would be difficult for me to pin down one particular entry that I'd consider the "funniest." I'll let your readers peruse the history section and decide for themselves.

What is your writing style?
Short, to the point and lightly seasoned with misanthropic bitterness.

Why should someone visit your site?
To get a glimpse of humankind's pink, pimpled underbelly, and/or to kill some time at work. And the nudie pics.

What do people commonly say about your site? I'm often asked where I find the unusual links I post. The simple answer is that I've got got a lot of spare time on my hands (along with a helluva Bookmark collection).

If you could recommend one website, what would it be and explain why (can't be your own website!)
Wow, that's a damned good question. With the dreadful political, social and environmental climate under the current administration, I guess I'd have to say Crooks & Liars. They keep a pretty close eye on the jackals that are running this country into the ground.

Tell us just one of your favourite actors, actress's, film, and song
Actor : Dennis Hopper. There's something delightfully menacing about him. Actress : Jessica Lange. I've had a relentless crush on her since I can remember. Katharine Hepburn runs a pretty close second, but for different reasons altogether. Films : Jaws, The Emperor Jones, Apocalypse Now, What Dreams May Come and Blue Velvet.

Tell us a joke :
South Park Aristocrats Joke Best joke ever, with unendingly tasteless variations the world over.

What would you wish for with 3 wishes?
1) Immortality 2) The ability to travel back and forth in time 3) Three more wishes

Your Site Address : J Blaque