Saturday, February 10, 2007

Joe Blog's Interview #74 Wannabe Astronaut

Name : Damaris B. Sarria
Age : 25
Location : Orlando, FL.
Vocation : Engineer working on the Space Shuttle's Thermal Protection Systems at Kennedy Space Center.
Philosophy : Always try your best at all you do!



Sum up what your blog is about.
Ever since I was young I have wanted to be an astronaut. My blog is about the great things I am working on, the obstacles I encounter, and my outreach to the community as a space advocate to get others involved and support the space program.

Why are you doing your blog?
I started my blog the day I began working at Kennedy Space Center. I am very fortunate to be where I am today and have overcome many obstacles along the way. The reason I created my blog was to encourage others to continue after their dreams/goals no matter what others may think of them.

What's the funniest entry on your blog?
nothing funny.... :(

What is your writing style?
Personal, honest, and from the heart.

How much would you sell your blog for?
There is no price tag when trying to inspire others.

What do people commonly say about your site?
I have received positive feedback on the site. A comment that really touched me was this one: " As busy as you are, I very much admire the fact that you constantly give back, and strive to inspire others. Keep it up!"

Why should someone visit your site?
To see how I am involved in the Space Shuttle processing and for a little motivation...

What did you learn from your first love?
I learned to not get sidetracked from personal goals and to not let a person change who you are and what you like to do.

Are there any blogs, you enjoy reading?
If a comment is left on my blog, I'll visit that person's blog. But I usually don't have enough time to go browsing around other blogs.

If you could invite anyone to a dinner party who would it be and why?
Anderson Cooper. He's lived a tough life. And his way of reaching out and informing the community is by going to the source, even if it means putting his own life in danger. I really admire him for all he has done and continues to pursue.

What's the toughest part of training to be an astronaut?
Once an astronaut is selected, I personally would think the toughest part of their training would be the survival training.

What one website would you recommend and why?
Space Flight Now When mission time comes around, that website is updated by the minute! It's amazing!

Tell us a random funny story that comes to mind.
don't have one.

What advice would you have given yourself 5 years ago?
ENJOY COLLEGE. I was too involved in college with organizations, sports, working full time, and keeping up with classes.

Any interesting travel stories?
I have been to Hawaii a couple of times. The view was breathtaking. The weather was GREAT! It really was paradise.

What's the most incredible thing that ever happened to you.
Flying in the 'Vomit Comet'!!! I did some microgravity research in college and conducted the experiment in the plane (KC-135) that did parabolic flight maneuvers to create a weightlessness environment in the cabin.

What would you wish for with 3 wishes?
1.To be an astronaut
2.That the boat fishing child slavery in Ghana, Africa ends.
3.For our younger generation to not be so hollywood-influenced.

Now it's your turn! Ask me one question, anything you like.

What are your three wishes?

Joe Blogs : Peace On Earth. End Of Poverty. Happy Shiny People.

Your Site Address :How I Am Becoming An Astronaut