Saturday, December 30, 2006

Joe Blog's Interview #25 Legendary Steve Tatham

Name : Steve Tatham
Age : 46
Location : Los Angeles
Vocation : Writer / Beloved internet personality
Philosophy : Apply daily

Sum up what your blog is about for us.
The Ointment is a daily three-minute fake news video that features topical jokes, sketches and celebrity guests. But mostly me. Because this site is, above all, about narcissism.

Why are you doing your blog?
Clearly producing a show every weekday while also holding down a full-time job is a red flag for mental health concerns.

How much would you sell your blog for?
People buy blogs? Who are these people and why do they have so much money they don't know what to do with.

Tell us a random funny story that comes to mind.
I once answered a random anonymous email and gave out lots of personal information about myself for someone to post on his "comedy blog."

Are there any blogs, you enjoy reading?
I enjoy reading Joel Stein in the LA Times every Tuesday. Is it still OK to read newspapers?

Whats the funniest entry on your blog?
I enjoy the sketches with Mary. There are some links in the right-hand side of the page. Make 'em click! Now that's marketing, baby!

What is your writing style?
I write a lot like Jesus would if he were doing a daily online fake news show.

Why should someone visit your site?
One day I hope to give away prizes. And not iPods but big houses on the sand in Malibu. I don't have any to give away now but if someone watches every day I'll remember that loyalty and one day I hope to reward those people with really great shiny prizes.

What do people commonly say about your site?
They say it has changed their lives permanently and for the better.

If you could recommend one website, what would it be and explain why
I enjoy shopping for pleated khaki pants at LandsEnd.com

Tell us just one of your favourite actors, actress's, film, song, and a
comedian.

I enjoy Bil Dwyer, Jackie Kashian, Maria Bamford, Rick Overton and Cathy Ladman and all of the other great comedians that have appeared on The Ointment. I also enjoy the books they write, songs they sing and the movies they've been in.

Tell us a joke.
George Bush knew so little about international affairs when he took office that he thought "Iraq" was a phrase used to begin a game of pool.

What would you wish for with 3 wishes?
I would wish for a night on the town with Miss USA because I know she likes to do blow and make out with whoever is sitting on the next bar stool. And world peace. I'd give my leftover wish to Jimmy Carter because he always seems to know people who need wishes.

Your Site Address : The Ointment