Friday, February 09, 2007

Joe Blog's Interview #73 Combat Baby

Name : Jami AKA: Ms. Babble or Combat Baby
Age : 10 + 32 – 15 = ?
Location : Illinois, USA
Vocation : musician/student
Philosophy : The masses are asses.

Sum up what your blog is about.
American Babble was originally created while I was deployed to Iraq with the U.S. Army. It was a way for me to communicate with all my loved ones while I was away. Since my return it's morphed into a personal account of my life with commentary on art, music, the ordinary, a smidgen of politics, and general ranting.

Why are you doing your blog?
It's turned into a nifty way of letting people know what's going on without actually having personal contact with them.

What's the funniest entry on your blog?
Do the s***ty adverts count?

What is your writing style?
Narrative and non-fictional prose.

How much would you sell your blog for?

Sober? Not for sale.Intoxicated? I'd lose it in a game of pool.

What do people commonly say about your site?

"I had no idea you were so neurotic."

Why should someone visit your site?

The same reason people watch reality TV; for its wholesomeness, quality, and educational value.

What would you be doing, if you weren't doing your blog?

I would most likely be at the bottom of a bottle.

What did you learn from your first love?

Pain! Oh God, the pain!

Are there any blogs, you enjoy reading?

Oh goodness yes! Sand Monkey (Egyptian blogger. But don't be fooled by his location! Highly amusing.) Little Green Footballs (NOT about football/soccer. Mostly middle eastern politics but occasionally amusing.) On The Face (Israeli blogger. It's fascinating to read about other people's lives, eh?)

If you could invite anyone to a dinner party who would it be and why?

An Iraqi woman I met last year. Never did catch her name. But I looked into her eyes and thought, "Why the hell are YOU here?" It would awesome to break bread with her and chat it up. Here's a picture, I took of her.

What one website would you recommend and why?
Sirius Screw FM radio!

Tell us a random funny story that comes to mind.

George W. Bush was elected president of the United States… twice!

What advice would you have given yourself 5 years ago?

Sometimes fireworks aren't fireworks and what you think is hot isn't anything more than a spring breeze.

Tell us about your time serving in Iraq.
I created a whole blog specifically for this question! There were good days and bad. It could have been better, then again it also could have be worse. Check out my blog's 2006 archive for my journals from those dog days.

What's the most incredible thing that ever happened to you.
I have a feeling it hasn't happened yet. But for now, getting part of my blog published in the 2007 World Almanac. Page 12, baby!

Now it's your turn! Ask me one question, anything you like.

Would you have one of your fingers surgically removed if it somehow guaranteed immunity from all major diseases?

Joe Blogs : I would, as long as I was out cold and there was no pain. It seems a small price to pay.

Your Site Address : American Babble