Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Joe Blog's Interview #43 The Life Of Brian

Name : Brian Laesch
Age : 26
Location : Los Angeles, CA
Vocation : Writer
Philosophy : Nobody gives a s**t, just live your life, and do as much stuff as you can.

Sum up what your blog is about.
Our blog is all about trying to use YouTube, in the same way they use everybody, to get as much traffic and readers as possible, and maybe make a buck or two...in 25 years or so.

Why are you doing your blog?
We are aspiring writers and felt that using YouTube videos in every post would help build traffic. We also use it as a way to cover newsworthy topics or just make fun of people who make really bad videos.

What's the funniest entry on your blog?
Can't really pick a funniest, but I think our best post so far was our "piece" on Michael Richards and racism after the "incident."

What is your writing style?
Can't speak for the other two writers on YouTube Roast, but, as far as my style, I just try to write about stuff that's on my mind; the crazy thoughts that cross my mind everyday. If I can make it funny--great. If not, I at least try to say something, even if it's in a totally effed-up voice.

How much would you sell your blog for?
No less than $100,000 at this point...even though it's not worth that much.

What do people commonly say about your site?
They say it's "funny." They say it's "cool." They say it's, "One of the best websites since former President Richard Nixon ran his own personal blog during the Watergate scandal."Most people don't know that "Deep Throat" started as a screename.

Why should someone visit your site?
Because we only post videos that are worth watching or making fun of, and we write funny stuff about them.

Climate change is caused by man. Myth or reality?
Myth. Hasn't anybody seen Men in Black II??

Are there any blogs, you enjoy reading?
I enjoy thesuperficial.com and techcrunch.com. I used to read "The Onion" (which isn't exactly a blog), but I stopped though after I applied for a job there and they didn't respond. I just can't read material from people who don't recognize genius. I'm also a huge sports fan, but I can't read sports blogs because my head almost explodes. Yeah, I don't get it either, but it almost happens.

What would you have written on your tombstone?
I'm buried with a Tombstone microwaveable pizza and the movie "Tombstone" on DVD. Don't try to rob my grave though. The pizza has gone bad and DVD technology isn't used anymore.

Would you go on a reality tv show?
Only Survivor. Other than that, no way. I hate most reality shows. They are ruining our youth. They said gangsta rap was going to ruin my generation. Yeah right! Watching Bobby Brown and Whitney Houston raise a family, while on crack, is way more damaging.

What one website would you recommend and why?
ESPN.com, because you are a nerd if you don't like sports.

Tell us a random funny story that comes to mind.
Ok, so I'm hanging out at this brothel in Amsterdam, and I'm thinking to myself--I've written a lot of stuff in my life, yet I'm not a millionaire. Isn't that hilarious!? I know! I can't believe it either! Funny stuff.

Had any supernatural experiences?
I think so, but I don't think anybody believes me.

What advice would you have given yourself 5 years ago?
Make sure you party more, and write more too. Also, get a more "stable," lucrative career, as a front for being an aspiring writer. Chicks don't like dudes who aspire to do unique things...until they've done them and have made a lot of money, then they come back.

Can you tell us a joke?
There is a chair...with shoes...and it is a walking...with the shoes...

Tell us just one of your favourite actors, actresses, comedian, song and film.
Sacha Baron Cohen, Salma Hayek, Ron White, House of the Rising Sun - Rolling Stones, Hoosiers.

What’s the most incredible thing that’s ever happened to you?
This interview.

And finally, what would you wish for with 3 wishes?
1) 1 Million dollars (can invest it, but still stay hungry)
2) Beautiful, faithful wife...who cooks.
3) I want the flattop haircut to come back into style soon.

Now it’s your turn! Ask me one question, anything you like.
Where are your priorities, man?
Joe Blogs : It will all be revealed in a new film with Tom Cruise called Priority Report.

Your Site Address's : youtuberoast.com & brianlaesch.blogspot.com