Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Joe Blog's Interview #85 Kite Flyer Cassie!

Name : Cassie
Age : 24
Location : Austin, TX
Vocation : Kite guru and advisor of tethered aviation (...I sell kites, OK?)
Philosophy : Life is short, try to catch as much as you can!

Sum up what your blog is about.
It's kind of a journal, kind of a photo log. It's a place to put my thoughts.

Why are you doing your blog?
Because I needed my own little corner of the web to put my thoughts. I like having people leave me comments with their thoughts, and it gives me a spot to talk about the pictures that I take. 99% of the times, it's the pictures that spur my thoughts in posts.

What’s the funniest entry on your blog?
At&T Can Kiss My... It's kind of a sarcastically funny post. It covers a series of conversations with the idiots at AT&T.

What is your writing style?
Stream of thought. I generally write a post off the top of my head, proof it, and then after I post it I double check for formatting stuff. I don't do the "Oh, an idea! Write a little and save a draft!" thing. That requires too much planning.

How much would you sell your blog for?
100 million dollars. No, really, I don't think my blog is worth much to anyone but me. So, I don't think I would sell it... no point really. But, if you REALLY wanted to buy it, let me know. We can work out something.

What do people commonly say about your site?
That they love my pictures and stories about the travel I've been on recently.

Why should someone visit your site?
Because I'm f-in RAD. And really, I have some crazy s**t go down in my life, if anything you can read about lingerie parties (coming soon, the party is this weekend) and Mexican Martini nights, because that's how we entertain ourselves in Austin. And other times, you can read my sarcastic thoughts on life and work and human rights. Whee.

What did you learn from your first love?
Not to trust men. (Or really, not to trust him. Asshole dumped me on my Birthday. My BIRTHDAY for gods sake. Who DOES that? Which reminds me of a topic for a future post.) But really, he completely destroyed a lot of my confidence. It took me years to not be afraid of being hurt again.

Are there any blogs, you enjoy reading?
Too many to count. Check out my links, or email me. I'll send you a complete list of my blogs bookmarks. There's probably about 50 that I've got bookmarked, and I check them all at least once a month.

If you could invite anyone to a dinner party who would it be and why?
Well, first off, I'd invite your mom because I heard she's QUITE the hottie. Other than that? It depends on who is footing the bill. Because, if some unknown millionaire wants to host a dinner party on my behalf, I'd probably invite everyone I know. There's so many people all over the country that I've lost touch with because I have a habit of moving 2000 miles away every few years. As a result, there's probably about 50 people specifically (and people that they'll remind me that I forgot) that I'd love to bring together. But in reality, I've had a plan for years that when I'm independently wealthy (HA) I'll buy and island and import everyone I know (and like) there. That way we can grow some corn or something and have a good old time without having to pay airfare to visit each other. Sound good? Someday, it will happen and at that point you better hope you made it onto the list! Because, really now. Who wouldn't want to live on an island with a bunch of people that only I knew in advance?

What one website would you recommend and why?
Jason Mulgrew That's the one blog that I read religiously and it cracks me up pretty seriously. I'm kind of mad at him right now though... he hasn't posted for like a week.

Tell us a random funny story that comes to mind.
My cat and kitten are completely in love with each other and as a result always do everything together. I mean, they even walk through my apartment next to each other and stop at the same places to check stuff out. The other night, I cleaned out the litter box, and then watched them both go into the closet (where I keep the box) together and supervise bathroom time for each other (seeing if everything came out alright). One was using the box itself while the other was sitting on the empty litter container next to the box. Then they switched places. I couldn't stop laughing. My cats are such freaks, but I love them.

What advice would you have given yourself 5 years ago?
"Honey, don't worry about the music school. It'll be OK. Go take some interesting classes. Oh, and when dad suggests to get a job in a kite shop this coming summer, you may want to carefully consider that option. Because in 5 years (seriously, its been 5 years) you may wonder what happened and how you got to this point in life."

Any interesting travel stories?
Too many to start! I travel probably 6 - 8 times a year, normally for kite events. Kite events are stories all of their own. I'm generally the youngest person there is who is in the "industry", not to mention the youngest non-married woman by at least 10 years. Oh lord, some of those old kite dudes get kind of weird (think burnt out hippie who is obsessed with making things fly and gets side tracked by that 'nice young lady'). But, it's so much fun. Plus, the road trips! I have a habit of driving straight through rather than stopping for a night, as a result I know that 18 hours is my breaking point for how many hours I can be in the car without losing it. How many people that you know have been on enough long drives to know that 18 hours is their breaking point?

What’s the most incredible thing that ever happened to you.
I've had some very lucky times. To pinpoint one would be almost impossible. There was this time that I got high with a roommate in college and went to a campus BBQ for free food. They were having a drawing for everyone who showed up and I ended up winning a DVD player. S**t, I thought the food was the prize that day! That DVD player just finally died a few months ago. Now I use my X-box.

And finally, what would you wish for with 3 wishes?
Cheesy response, or serious? Because the cheesy response would be World Peace, but I mean it too. I'd LOVE to see the world in a situation where violence wasn't the immediate response. But, for real? All I could ask for is the means to be financially stable for the rest of my life. I don't need a ton of money, but I hate it when I wonder whether or not I can afford to go to the doctor or take my boyfriend out on a date once in a while. I hate feeling broke all the time.

Now it’s your turn! Ask me one question, anything you like.

What was the first CD you bought?

Joe Blogs : I think it was 'I Shot The Sherrif' by Warren G. Closely followed by the reggae band Aswad. I must have been going through some weird adolescent phase!

Your Site Address : Eye Speak Photography