Monday, December 04, 2006

Joe Blog's Interview #1 Spirit Of Saint Lewis

Joe Blog's 'On The Blogspot'
Interview #1
Name : Lewis
Age : 44
Location : Portland, Oregon, USA
Vocation : Flight Attendant
Life Philosophy : The only thing worse than making a mistake is repeating it over and over


Joe Blogs : So Lewis, sum up what your blog is about for us:
Lewis : It's has a wide variety of subject including politics, religion, gardening and landscape, food/cooking/wine/eating/recipes, coming out, sexual journey, family and friend stories, naughty situations, funny happenings, movies, music. Weird situations (my god, there seems to be plenty of weird!)

JB : Why did you decide to do a blog?
Lewis : Have been following a friend of mines blog for a couple of years now. I became incessant at reading and following along with his. He said to me recently, "I was wondering how long it would take before you started your own....you always have something to say!" I enjoy writing, relaying funny things, and adding a strange/funny slant to stories.....you know, like daily life things like bad breath and peeing.....they can be funny.....well, they ARE funny now that I'm thinking about it. Isn't it a nerdy thing to do? I don't know if blogging, per se, is nerdy.....but there could be a nerd or two who are bloggers. I think there are definitely bloggers that are hot and sexy as well as intelligent, crazy, silly, and every other adjective you could imagine. I think it's cool how sometimes you don't even know the age or looks of the blogger.

JB : What's the funniest article on your blog?
Lewis : Hum...probably the post "Snow, Fake Trees, Snoring, and (No) Sex" talking about the Vick's vap-o-rub and Breathe Right Strips. Again, a totally normal (well, not so sure about "normal") situation that we've probably all experienced but never written about. Loosens people up to know that there are others doing the same nutty things that they do. Kind of "levels the playing field" and makes us laugh at our feeble humanity.

JB : Choose a favourite picture to add to this questionnaire
Lewis : Attached it.

JB : What keeps you motivated to keep adding posts?
Lewis : Conversation, comments, desire to pass along stories and information, it's a total blast and a lot of fun. It's also the networking behind the scenes emails that I send/receive that get me more in touch with readers. It's been so amazing to be writing with guys all over the globe. I've truly made some new friends.

JB : Do you envy any other blogs?
Lewis : Those with lots of graphics and fun stuff that I can't or don't know how to do. Those with a wide audience seem to be a lot of fun.

JB : If you could recommend one website, what would it be and explain why (can't be your own website!)
Lewis : I went back and looked at all of those that I have blogrolled....I thought of something really cool about each one....that's why they're on the list.

Here goes: 401a for his very whimsical approach to life....footloose and fun....wish he posted more. Archerr is so dedicated to his posting and always posts pictures....it is very cool to follow along with his projects. Boys Are Ugly But So Cute because these guys are young, full of life, and having a good time without being overly serious. BrettCajun because he's just plain old HOT and I love his smile. Ed and Tony because they work on the blog as a couple. Erik Winkler is with the Peace Corps in Nicaragua with amazing real-life stories. It's Raining Men feels like a party with so many guys contributing. Homer's World has such a dry sense of humor...a little like me. Plus, he cooks! JetBoy747 for his edginess and crasness. Joey Destino for the amazing body shots and because he takes time to email me! Lassiter Space for the very cool political involvement and his personal reflections. Life's Colorful Brushstrokes...this guy seems so happy and well-rounded....like a ton of fun. Plus he makes me think. Matterdays for his down-to-earth reflections and honesty. Mid-Afternoon Snack is so good about emailing and staying in touch.....many others don't.

Mr. Joe Blog's Blog keeps me laughing and thinking non-serious things...which I need. Musings Northwest is where I got my start....the beginning was here.....plus he's a great friend...the only blogger I know. Nik-in-Paris brings the other side of the earth into my living room with the pictures of his travels around Europe....he seems so nice. One 3Y3 Open is so blatantly honest and seems like such a real down-to-earth guy....definitely like his approach. Past, present, and future just named me "Hunk of the Week"...how could I not like him? That's definitely a first for me. It's his old photographs and stories that keep me coming back. Rambling Along in Life (With A Stern Point of View) seems to have all the fun with going out to eat, parties at his place, trips to Mexico.....plus he's handsome and smiles a lot! Secrets of the Red Seven seems to do things that others don't like write letters to evangelical right-wing Christian people to express his point of view. Sorted Lives writes with a slant that makes me chuckle over and over. Between his pictures and verbiage, it's a good thing! Southern Expressions seems to make me relax and just plain old enjoy....he's from the South....and it just takes me to another place to even just glance at his site. Spider is so good at communicating and sharing cool airline/airplane info with.

The Jimmi Chronicles is always "out there" with bold type, music, fun, stuff, his Sunday night podcast....you leave there just giggling and carrying on. This Boy Elroy is so dedicated to whatever he is doing...from his political ventures to his apple pies and cooking....oh, and he's very handsome too. Trailheadcase reminds me of where I live....she has the most beautiful pictures and stories. V-hold.net has a new baby in the family....the story made me cry and cry....amazing and saved a child's life at the same time. Zeitzeuge has some great pictures on his site along with a style of writing that has my type of humor in it. I get along so well reading it.

JB : What are the common things people say about your blog?
Lewis : "Love it" "Thoughtful" "Kind and nice guy" "Wow, that's quite a story"

JB : What's the worst thing about doing your blog?
Lewis : My ass is getting wider from sitting endless hours on the couch. The Christmas decorations are STILL in the basement....waiting...waiting....dust is gathering on the piano.....we don't eat any longer because I'm too busy emailing and blogging.

JB : What would you like to improve on your blog?
Lewis : My writing skills....consider them more carefully before putting it in the blog. Learn a few more HTML codes and how to fool with things a little for fine tuning. Would also like to add more edgy and naughty things....working on how to present them with a wide audience. Hum. Ideas?

JB : Why should someone visit your blog?
Lewis : A good laugh and a good cry. Real life stories with a definite twist. And I've got a ton more up my sleeve! You won't believe it.

JB : If you weren't doing your blog, how would you spend your time?
Lewis : Painting and house projects, cooking more, keeping the house clean (it's gone all to crap lately)...I'd probably change the toilet paper more often too.

Your Site Address : Spirit Of Saint Lewis