Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Joe Blog's Interview #19 Joe Meet Joe

Name : Joe Mael
Age : 34
Location : Santa Monica , California
Vocation : Education
Philosophy : Sugar. Spice. Basketball.

Sum up what your blog is about for us.
I began my blog in early 2004 and have been hooked ever since. My blog is for the most part a scratch pad where I try to cram as many ideas as possible into one blog, hoping to overcome being overly saturated and incoherent. I may have failed. I enjoy publishing my takes on newsworthy events, journaling and sports/social commentary.

Why are you doing your blog?
I'm hoping to develop a style people will relate to, but at the same time allow them to interpret as they will. Training and brainstorming all the while. This is not a journalism site. I take pride in annoying a lot of folks. On the other hand, I truely love the spirit between bloggers who help other bloggers be better at the game, which is still in its infancy.

How much would you sell your blog for?
Clippers season tickets (including playoffs) and a blog to be named later.

Tell us a random funny story that comes to mind.
The joke I tell (read below) was told to me by a bum while outside a wedding in Los Angeles. After he told me, me and my lawyer friend went inside and walked right up to the rabbi in charge of the nights ceremony and re-told it to him. I wasn't expecting such a hearty laugh! Best two dollar joke I ever bought.

Are there any blogs, you enjoy reading?
Tony Pierce is a good read, though apparently he's dedicating a lot of time to his beloved job. A good job is a blog killer, fyi. His whole Wikipedia scandal is hilarious. Also :
Courting Destiny
Crying While Eating
Science Blog

What's the funniest entry on your blog?
Probably about the Mexican jail flashback incited by the site of my Big Tomy's juevos rancheros breakfast.

If you could recommend one website, what would it be?
Broowaha is an online zine (which also may be dubbed a "citizen journalism" site) offering alternatives to the crap we're force fed by media giants like the flustered Los Angeles Times. Check it out, and make sure to read some of the stories I've contributed.


Tell us just one of your favourite actors, actress's, film, song, and comedian.
1.
Bruce Lee
2. Drew Barrymore
3. White Men Can't Jump
4. Tits (Sparks)
5. Robin Williams. In his prime there are none who compare.


Tell us a joke.
Q:
Why did the bee wear a yarmulke?
A: He didn't want to be mistaken for a wasp.


What would you wish for with 3 wishes?
1. A stellar blog
2. To travel to mars
3. Free indoor basketball games 24 hours a day.



Your Site Address : Property Of Los Angeles