Thursday, February 22, 2007

Joe Blog's Interview #87 Shaolin Tiger

Name : Shaolin
Age : Less than 30 (just)
Location : Malaysia
Vocation : Hacker
Philosophy : Free Thinker

Sum up what your blog is about.
It's mostly about me, me and more me. But I also cover other more boring stuff like food/cooking, photography, travel, SCUBA diving, cars, movies, literature, politics and some other deep stuff like blog wars!

Why are you doing your blog?
I started it because I was moving away from UK to Malaysia and I wanted to keep a lot of what I was doing plus let the people back home know where I was in the world and what I'd been up to, rather that writing loads of mass e-mails they could just check out my site and see the pictures.

What's the funniest entry on your site?
Definitely this one, The Hair Down There

What is your writing style?
Witty, scathing, sarcastic, egotistical, critical and very British so I've been told.

What do people commonly say about your site?
Most commonly is that it makes them hungry, or makes them want to travel somewhere, or makes them want to beat me up..

What would you be doing if you weren't doing your blog?
That's an odd question, probably spending more time on Flickr admiring my own pictures or writing on my photoblog.

Why should someone visit your site?
To read my great writing and to see my awesome pictures (you might learn something too..)

What did you learn from your first love?
That love can be sweet, and sour. Most of all, relationships are not easy.

Are there any blogs, you enjoy reading?
Loads, more than I can list. I most commonly read my friends blogs, plus a few other international blogs which are great. All those I read every day can be found in my right sidebar under the header "Those I Stalk"

If you could invite anyone to a dinner party who would it be and why?
Bruce Lee, to see if I could kick his ass or not.

What one website would you recommend and why?
To avoid all the cliche blogs (Waiter Rant, Post Secret, & Clublife) I'd like to recommend my friends blog, he writes very well, has a great passion for motorbikes (amongst other things) and has had a very interesting life. You can find him at Hunting The Snark

Tell us about a good deed you have done recently.
I bought my Mom 2 pairs of new shoes!

How do you find Malaysia?
I love Malaysia, I've been here about 3 years now. It's an amazing place for food lovers, travel lovers and people who like varied cultures. It's a melting pot of different races, languages, religions, cultures and personalities. There are brilliant places within an hours flight too like the beaches of Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam. I recommend everyone to visit Malaysia (and look me up if you like).

Tell us a random funny story that comes to mind.
A while ago I was in my previous office block going out for lunch, I got in the lift to go down, and was bored whilst waiting...picking up people at various floors. So I looked around the lift and started to read the notices posted on the wall, I saw one for lost and found. Which is fairly normal right? Until I noticed someone had 'lost' a photocopier, I mean how the hell do you do that? "

What advice would you have given yourself 5 years ago?
Don't be such an asshole, you don't know everything.

Any interesting travel stories?
Oh plenty, but better you read those travel stories, on my blog, they are kinda long :)

What's the most incredible thing that ever happened to you?
I found a girl that can actually put up with me!

Now it's your turn! Ask me one question, anything you like.
How did you find my blog? Do you read it regularly?

Joe Blogs : I found your blog in the dictionary under greatness. Whenever I'm in a geeky Kung Fu mood I check it out. I read it as religiously as a Shaolin monk.

Your Site Address : ShaolinTiger - Kung-fu Geekery