Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Joe Blog's Interview #110 How Eclectic

Name : Martin
Age : 40 something
Location : Yellowknife in Canada’s north
Vocation : IT Manager
Philosophy : Our lives are not determined by what happens to us but by how we react to what happens, not by what life brings to us, but by the attitude we bring to life.






A positive attitude causes a chain reaction of positive thoughts, events, and outcomes. It is a catalyst, a spark that creates extraordinary results.

Sum up what your blog is about.
It is an eclectic mix of information with my weekly Words on Wednesday, Earth Trivia Tuesday and Quotes on Monday and my thoughts and feelings about various things that are going on in the world and my life.

Why are you doing your blog?
I do it because I like to write and I think I have some thoughts and views that people might be interested in. I also like learning things and my info days do that and I hope I can pass that learning on to others.

What’s the funniest entry on your site?
I think the one I did a couple of years ago about the differences between the way that men and women take showers.

What is your writing style?
I write the same way as I would talk if we were having a conversation. It is easy to understand.

What do people commonly say about your site?
The most common comment I get from people is that is very informative and well written.

What would you be doing if you weren’t doing your blog?
More photography. That is my other free time passion.

Why should someone visit your site?
Because I think they will learn something with my info days. They will also get an idea of life in Canada’s north and my thoughts on other world events.

What did you learn from your first love?
I learned that the first love really can last forever if it is the right person

Are there any blogs, you enjoy reading?
There are several that I read regularly and I guess MasterMaq is one of the better ones with lots of tech and business info mixed in with personal thoughts and events.

If you could invite anyone to a dinner party who would it be and why?
Al Gore. I really like “an Inconvenient Truth” and would love to talk with him about his quest to stop global warming.

What makes a good eclectic blog?
I think a good Eclectic Blog is one that is informative, funny, insightful and covers a good variety of subjects; subjects that are not only about current events but also some strange or bizarre things too.

Tell us about a good deed you have done recently.
I left a positive comment on a blog of a person who seemed to be having some problems and I think she appreciated it.

Tell us a random funny story that comes to mind.
There was this time…na, that wasn’t funny when I think about it after all.

What advice would you have given yourself 5 years ago?
Keep striving to be better in all that you do.

Any interesting travel stories?
I took a flight a couple of years ago that had a plaque inside the door that said that Pope John Paul II had flown on that plane. I mean, is there a safer plane to fly on than one that has been blessed by a Pope?

Do you have any strong opinions you would like to debate with me?
What is wrong with the education system these days?

Joe Blogs : Personally I think education needs to be more directly related to working life. Kids have little if any respect for parents or teachers, but it was the same when I was at school. Parents leave their children to their own devices, and teachers are under pressure to get good exam marks.

What’s the most incredible thing that ever happened to you?
Other that my marriage and birth of my children (those are always the best things), I would say the day that my blog was listed as a Blogs Canada Top Blog. Being recognized makes you feel that your writing is making a difference even if it isn’t.

Now it’s your turn! Ask me one question, anything you like.
I notice that you promote the movie “The God who Wasn’t There” on your site. So, was Jesus a mortal man or a divine being?

Joe Blogs : The advert you are referring to is a Google Advert that I don't personally endorse because I have no knowledge of it. I'm open minded, depends how you interpret the history books, but I can't draw any conclusions.

Your Site Address : Eclectic Blogs