Wednesday, January 30, 2008

My Junk Email Exposed

#4 Basil's Fawlty Business Proposal

Dear Owen
I crave your indulgence at this mail coming from somebody you have not met before. I decided to do this after praying over the situation, you should please consider this transaction on its content and not the fact that we have not met before. I need not dwell on how I came by your contact information because there are many such possibilities these days.

I would like to introduce myself as Mr Basil Omiyi; I am the procurement director with Shell petroleum plc Nigeria. To begin with sir, A contract of $50 million was awarded to one Mr. Whyte a U S national to supply raw material to our flow station at Eleme Port-Harcourt, River State South of Nigeria, Mr. Whyte has since completed the contract awarded to him and shell has paid him half of his contract fee of $25 million, he was asked to come back on the 12th of December 2005 for the payment of his outstanding fee of $25 million. However tragedy struck as Mr. Whyte was among the passengers on board sosoliso Airline that clashed on the 11th of December 2005 from Abuja to port-Harcourt arround 7:47, if you are conversant with world news you would have heard about the clash.

Sir all avenue has been exploited to locate any member of his family, but all to know avail, a later was also sent to his address but it was returned on the basis that Mr. Whyte has no living relation. So I am seeking for your assistance to stand in as next of kin to Mr.Whyte and allow me to transfer the balance of $25 million into your account, I will give you 40% of the money and 50% for me then 10% will be for any expenses we will incur in the course of this transaction, I assure you Sir that this transaction is 100% risk free.

If you are interested in this transaction. Reply as soon as possible via my email for more information and please keep this absolutely confidential. Although, I am in London at the moment for an official duty Thanks for your cooperation. I await your urgent response.

Basil Omiyi

Comment : Firstly my name is not Owen. Same old story here. 40% of $25 million, and a tragic plane crash.. Need not dwell on how he came about my contact information? Thats nice for him.

You crave my indulgence? I bet you do and a couple of zeros added to the end of your bank account no doubt.I like to think of myself as conversant with world news, but no I hadnt heard about this crash. If you were conversant with world news Basil you would have heard of fraud and scams by email.

Aside from the transaction being 100% risk free as you claim, I just cannot do business with someone called Basil.