Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Joe Blog's Interview #52 The Life Of Chantel

Name : Chantel.
Age : 34
Location : Portland, OR
Vocation : Corporate.
Philosophy : If it feels good, over do it.

Sum up what your blog is about.
Unnecessary resources from an unlikely source.”My blog started as a writing blog then, a day in the life blog. Now it’s a day in the life blog with photos, recipes, commentary. Laughter and tears; something for everyone.

Why are you doing your blog?
I can’t help it. Its and outlet for my extra energy and it’s a place for me to exercise my writing skills.

What’s the funniest entry on your blog?
Look Ma I'm On Top Of The World

Wedded Bliss Cartoons

What is your writing style?
Mostly sober, sometimes tipsy.
But its my voice – I tell stories the way I talk and yes sometimes I talk in verse.

How much would you sell your blog for?
It would have to be enough to keep me from starting another one, so it better be a really good offer. It would be like selling my life and that doesn’t come cheap.

What do people commonly say about your site?
I think most people are entertained or they watch and stare like they’re watching a train wreck. For the most part my readers are kind, funny and supportive. My friends who don’t read my site could care less and I like it that way.

Why should someone visit your site?
People should visit my site and help me become famous or lead me to a publisher so I can publish my novel for Christ’s sake. Really, I just want people to read what I have to say and hopefully they will learn a few things and learn that life should never be taken so seriously. Good and bad things happen and we all need to take moments to appreciate our gifts.

Climate change is caused by man. Myth or reality?
Reality my friend.

Are there any blogs, you enjoy reading?
I pretty much try to read everyone on my blogroll however, these are a few that I feel are under appreciated.

Jalpuna

Amanda Veryzen

Crisis Intervention Summit

Ten Minute Soldier

What would you have written on your tombstone?
From one of my favorite movies, Love Song for Bobby Long.”She had a lovers quarrel with the world”

Would you go on a reality TV show?
I don’t know. As long as I had make-up and hair people – maybe.

What one website would you recommend and why?
I read “Arts and Letters Daily” because its like the liberal arts version of any news website.

Tell us a random funny story that comes to mind.
I was out for Friday Cocktails with my best girl-friend. We always play the boyfriend game and she pointed to the bartender first and announced that he would be my boyfriend for the night. Actually the bartender was cute except for the seven or so piercings on his face alone. I thought that I could actually date him until I began to thing about the rest of his body. The topic of conversation turned rapidly:How many piercings did he have on his penis and what could it possibly get caught on?Thank god I don’t have my IUD anymore that could get ugly, I could lose my uterus. Does it really feel good for the girl or does it just leave marks? (Could anyone weigh in on this?)Then it all boiled down to me not being able to date him because if I brought him home to my kids they would want to pierce their genitals too!

Had any supernatural experiences?
My sensitivity to my environment is often mistaken for psychic abilities. People are always asking me to weigh in on stuff based on my intuition.

What advice would you have given yourself 5 years ago?
Recently turned 30…..It won’t actually kill you if you break up with him it will just feel like your dying.
Don’t drink too much.
Always choose the guy you’re about to dump, instead of the other guy. Dating younger men is really just a waste of time. Don’t let your son go live with his father.

Can you tell us a joke?
No; my jokes are only effective because I tell them with a southern accent.

Tell us just one of your favourite actors, actresses, comedian, song and film.
The Pillow Book

What’s the most incredible thing that’s ever happened to you?
Giving birth.

And finally, what would you wish for with 3 wishes?
I wish I wasn’t addicted to cigarettes.
I wish nothing but future happiness for my children.
More money.

Now it’s your turn! Ask me one question, anything you like.
Why did you start your blog and are you going to only interview people?

Joe Blogs : I started my blog to see what the commotion was all about. I wanted to test myself to see if I can write to a good standard on a regular basis. I will only be interviewing people, unless another life form becomes available.

Your Site Address : Life And Times Of Chantel