Saturday, January 27, 2007

Joe Blog's Interview #55 Using The Force Wisely

Name : Rebecca Grabill
Age : *Slap!* You should know better.
Location : A purple club chair about twenty feet from the nearest bottle of wine ... ah, make that two inches. Better.
Vocation : Writer-photo-junkie-homeschooling-Mom by day, passed out in a near-comatose state of exhaustion by night.
Philosophy : To Use the Force Wisely. i.e., use, appreciate, love, enjoy the gifts I've been given.

Sum up what your blog is about.
There's a quote "of making many books, there is no end." It's all about meaninglessness, the meaninglessness of making books and that's what I'm writing about. Well, more than that - I'm trying to find meaning in the meaninglessness - of life, diapers, making books. Whatever.

Why are you doing your blog?
Peer pressure. No, really. Every few days I threaten to delete the thing but I have people who actually read it. Imagine that.

What's the funniest entry on your blog?
The funniest for me is this one, White And Nerdy And Crazy simply because the event in question was too freaking hysterical for words. Which maybe didn't translate into words so well. But even if it didn't, the YouTube link kills me every time.

What is your writing style?
Hopefully better than my fashion style, which at the moment is red plaid pajama bottoms, purple turtle neck and blue and gray striped fleece pullover (or "jumper," as you might call it - who knew I could get an education from Bridget Jones). Oh, and white athletic socks. Can it be worse than that?

How much would you sell your blog for?
Quit dreaming. You can't afford me.

Why should someone visit your site?
I'm still trying to figure that out. Oh! I know. Because it's so fun to click on the stuff in the sidebar and watch it appear and disappear. I like to add sound effects. Click--zoooop! Click--zeeeeep! (um, maybe that part shouldn't be published, do you think?)

Climate change is caused by man. Myth or reality?
(Am I missing something here? Doesn't the earth travel around the sun and tilt on an axis or something so it's closer to the sun or farther and that's what causes climate changes? Was that theory debunked? Tell me, because I really don't want to come off as ignorant, but I haven't kept up with the latest science so well...)

Are there any blogs, you enjoy reading?
I don't get around to this one often, but it is truly hysterical. I'm glad today (especially today with the pjs and socks) that I'm no celebrity. Go Fug Yourself
What would you have written on your tombstone?
Uh, pepperoni and green peppers and -- wait. You mean an epitaph. What was I thinking. At fifteen I might have said, "Live fast, die young, leave a good-looking corpse." But now it would be something schmaltzy, having to do with my hubby and kids.

Would you go on a reality TV show?
Um, no.
What one website would you recommend and why?
Kelly's Closet because sh*t happens.

Tell us a random funny story that comes to mind.
A few months ago I was reading a book while my middle child played with toys. He babbled away to himself, as two-year-olds do, just a jumble of nonsense. But I stopped, listened. He was saying, "F*ck. Sh*t. F*ck. Sh*t," over and over and over. I panicked. Where's he learn that? Did I really swear that much? I knew I did sometimes, but maybe it was more than I thought and ... and ... I put my book down and watched him. He kept right on cursing, oblivious, but then I began to notice what he was doing. When he said, "F*ck" he would pick up his stuffed animal, and then he would set it down again with a determined, "Sh*t." The animal was a stuffed frog. And he wasn't cursing, he was saying "Frog. Sit. Frog. Sit."

Had any supernatural experiences?
Only if you consider finding a drowned rat in your toilet otherworldly.

What advice would you have given yourself 5 years ago?
When you see those cute plaid pajamas at the clothing store, yes, the ones hanging right there by the old-lady-fuzzy slippers - walk away. Take a breath. And. Just. Walk. Away.

Can you tell us a joke?
A string walked into a bar and the bartender said, "Hey, yer a string. We don't serve strings here." And he threw the string out. The string wrapped himself up like a pretzel and messed up his top. Then he went back inside the bar. The bartender peered at him. "You ain't a string, are ya?" The string shook his head. "I'm a frayed knot."

Tell us just one of your favourite actors, actresses, comedian, song and film.
Anthony Hopkins. Emma Thompson. I have no idea. The Wexford Carol and Huron 'Beltane' Fire Dance by Loreena McKennitt. Too numerous to name.

What's the most incredible thing that's ever happened to you?
My youngest sleeping through the night.

And finally, what would you wish for with 3 wishes?
More wishes, of course!

Now it's your turn! Ask me one question, anything you like.
What is the answer to life, the universe, and everything?

Joe Blogs : Google it.

Your Site Address : Rebecca Grabill