Sunday, January 07, 2007

Joe Blog's Interview #29 New Kid On The Block

Name : Aughie
Age : 19
Location : Virginia Beach, Virginia
Vocation : Student / Writer /
Philosophy : Contentment is not a good condition for progress.

Sum up what your blog is about for us.
Most of what I write is the stuff I never say aloud, or thoughts that simply translate better on a page. It has become a total mess, really, as I have spouted everything from personal dating experiences, fiction, creative non-fiction, the goings-on of my life, and the state of transitioning from teenage-dom to young adulthood. I'll be entering (some form of) college next autumn, so a lot of the material details my internal madness of accepting that.

Why are you doing your blog?
OK. Earlier this year my family was considering moving from our home in the suburbs to a historic house in the city, so I thought I'd write about the different experiences between urbanity and mainstream living. Pretty philosophical, huh? Yeah, right. So later on my parents decided to stay in the suburbs and I grew to find a new purpose for my blog: a host for every single story I have to tell. I want to be a working writer, so I use it as an online portfolio of my written work.

How much would you sell your blog for?
That's like asking me, "How much would you sell your frontal lobe for?" Its not for sale, as it is essential in its own way.

Tell us a random funny story that comes to mind.
The first time I rode a NYC train I was a big fool. I was smiling and talking to people who just wanted to be left alone. Then when no one talked to me I began to sing a song, but stopped when I spotted a man at the other end of the train pee on the inside wall. For the rest of the ride I just stood, quietly.

Are there any blogs, you enjoy reading?
Yes! I really like the daily humor of What's Gay Today and Girls Are Pretty. The writer of Antigeist has very interesting musings, and her wit is sharp and ruthless.

Whats the funniest entry on your blog?
That's a decision for every reader to decide...

What is your writing style?
Straight up confusing and completely inconsistent. It depends on the post.

Why should someone visit your site?
They shouldn't. It probably has way too many trans-fats. (Maybe that's a reason someone would want to visit.)

What do people commonly say about your site?
"You put my feelings in words!" OK maybe not, but people often relate to my experiences.

If you could recommend one website, what would it be and explain why.
The blog for the 92nd Street Y in NYC. They have very interesting reviews with authors, artists, and other magic people.

Tell us just one of your favourite actors, actress's, film, song, and comedian.
Denzel Washington; Julianne Moore; Harold And Maude; Wraith Pinned To The Mist And Other Games (by Of Montreal); and Wanda Sykes.

Tell us a joke.
A joke? What is this "humour" stuff? That's the problem with this world, no one takes anything serious anymore!!!

What would you wish for with 3 wishes?
Free college tuition; to be two more inches taller; and to have a vegetarian/organic grocery near my house.

Your Site Address : Three Blocks West