Monday, January 15, 2007

Joe Blog's Interview #38 Midwest Girl

Name : AMG, but my real name I share with a video game heroine.
Age : 26
Location : Midwest
Vocation : Mid-level manager for a Fortune 500 company.
Philosophy : Smorgasbord!
Sum up what your blog is about for us.
I mainly write tidbits about my life, but occasionally I'll share a video or a link I find interesting. But mostly it's just stupid, hopefully mildly amusing stories about me.

Why are you doing your blog?
This was directly stolen from my first post (although I wrote it so I don't know if it's "stolen" so much as "repeated so I don't have to think of anything clever"):
I am an avid reader of blogs, but after variously reading about people shoveling their walks, their thoughts on green M&Ms, and changing diapers on different blogs, I had the following thoughts:
I have crazy weather in my home city! I, too, have thoughtful insights regarding everyday events and objects.My life is at least as interesting as that! I am bored.
Thus, this blog was born.

How much would you sell your blog for?
I wish I could claim high-and-mightiness, but really like twenty bucks.

Tell us a random funny story that comes to mind.
I was peed on by a stripper in a strip club bathroom in Toronto.

Are there any blogs, you enjoy reading?
Tons, all way better than mine. Dooce is probably my all-time favorite, but all the ones I read regularly are linked on my blog.

Whats the funniest entry on your blog?
Nothing lately. But I like these two It Would Probably Be Easier & Guide To Valentines

What is your writing style?
Intermittent and bad.

Why should someone visit your site?
To kill a couple of minutes between rectal exams.

What do people commonly say about your site?
A real comment I got once was, "Is it possible you are writing your blog as an entrant in a Boring Contest (open to all shallow "awesome" people)? Seriously, I'm serious." I love how they had to emphasis the seriousness of their comment twice.

If you could recommend one website, what would it be and explain why.
Hmmm. I don't know that I could choose just one. Although bigtittiedmonkeywhores.com is on the top of my favorites list.

Tell us just one of your favourite actors, actress's, film, song, and comedian.
Am I supposed to do just one of each or just one from that list? Never mind, I never shut up so of course I'll choose the longer option. Actor/actress is hard for me because it changes with each film and whether I'm choosing for hotness, talent, what type of movie, etc. I adore Nathan Fillion in Serenity/Firefly, Brad Pitt and Jason Statham in Snatch, and Johnny Depp in the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie. Audrey Hepburn is probably one of my favorite actresses but I can't decide for sure. Film is easily The Princess Bride. There are dozens of way cooler more appropriate movies that I love, but The Princess Bride would the the movie I would watch on my deathbed. My favorite song is "Mad World" by Gary Jules or "My December" by Linkin Park (unreleased). I don't have an explanation for that one, I just think they are beautiful. My favorite comedian is Jon Stewart. Or either Kevin Smith or Penn and Teller, neither of which are billed as comedians but both of which made me laugh so hard I puked. Almost.

Tell us a joke.
A sandwich walks into a bar. The bartender kicks him out, yelling, "We don't serve food here!" Ba-da-dum!

What would you wish for with 3 wishes?
Unlimited wishes. Then I'd give the other two away. And by "give" I mean sell for lots and lots of money.

Your Site Address : Anonymous Midwest Girl