Monday, February 05, 2007

Joe Blog's Interview #66 Creative Writer Extraudinaire!

Name : Shelby Patrick
Age : 30-something :-)
Location : Michigan
Vocation : Creative Genius!
Philosophy : Don't let the little things get you down.

Sum up what your blog is about.
A network for other writers to get valuable resources and information and for fans of dark fiction to be entertained.

Why are you doing your blog?
Because it's fun.

What's the funniest entry on your blog?
Punxsutawney Phil's thread, just because that name is fun to say.

What is your writing style?
Dark and emotional.

How much would you sell your blog for?
It's not up for sale, even if it were the last blog on earth and someone offered me a trillion dollars for it. Although, I might consider renting it out.

What do people commonly say about your site?
It's informative and creative.

Why should someone visit your site?
Because I put a lot of time and thought into making it a site any writer would love.

What did you learn from your first love?
Be careful whom you trust.

Are there any blogs, you enjoy reading?
Yes, mostly other writers blogs, which are linked from my blog.

If you could invite anyone to a dinner party who would it be and why?
Anyone who learned how to make a living working at home with no business sense and no idea where to start so that I could pick their brain and perhaps earn myself a nice mentor.

What one website would you recommend and why?
Custompetimprints because it's a cool idea -- putting your pets photo onto shirts, mugs, hats, calendars, and more.

Tell us a random funny story that comes to mind.
There's a black hole under my dresser. Every time I drop something in my bedroom, even if I'm on the other side of the room, it gets sucked over to the dresser and disappears forever.

What advice would you have given yourself 5 years ago?
Stop procrastinating and get started on that freelancing lifestyle.

Any interesting travel stories?
I went to Chicago a couple of years ago, but the trip got postponed twice. It gave me the eerie feeling that I wasn't meant to go and I should have listened to my gut. The weekend finally arrived and I ended up in Chicago with my sister, her daughter, and my mom. Everything went wrong, from construction at the hotel and a stormy boat ride on the lake to the train almost derailing on the way home. It was the trip from Hell.

What's the most incredible thing that ever happened to you.
When an editor contacted me and said she wanted to publish one of my stories.

And finally, what would you wish for with 3 wishes?
1. To be able to live a comfortable lifestyle working for myself.
2. For my elderly parents to be healthy and happy again.
3. To see the end of crime and terrorism.

Now it's your turn! Ask me one question, anything you like.
What would you recommend to someone just starting a blog to get returning visitors?

Joe Blogs : Write interesting content. Visit other peoples blogs that you like, and leave a comment.

Your Site Address : Writers Hideaway