Monday, February 05, 2007

Joe Blog's Interview #67, 70's Cinema Girl

Name : Lilla
Age : 23
Location :NYC
Vocation : Neuroscience
Philosophy : Queen of tight sweaters and loose morals. (Tag line for Shanty
Tramp)

Sum up what your blog is about.
I write about movies, largely genre cinema, B-movies, independent movies, and of course horror, which is sometimes all of those things.

Why are you doing your blog?
I have an undergraduate degree in film and love watching movies, and talking about them. I figure if I have an outlet like this, maybe I won't talk my friends' ears off as much.

What’s the funniest entry on your blog?
I wrote a rant about the Da Vinci Code(the book, not the movie) called ' have some shame' that people seemed to find funny. I hope that I will be funnier in the future.

What is your writing style?
Hmmm.. I don't know. Competent, I hope.

How much would you sell your blog for?
$1? Why, you want it?

What do people commonly say about your site?
People seem to like my writing style, and I hope that some are interested by the content. My genuine hope is to raise awareness about cult cinema.

Why should someone visit your site?
To find out about rare movies, engage me in a dialogue about cinema, or just for kicks when you're bored at work.

What did you learn from your first love?
Absolutely nothing.

If you could invite anyone to a dinner party who would it be and why?
Pam Grier, hands down. And I think you know exactly why.

What one website would you recommend and why?
pimpadeliconderland.com, because it's a great site about 70's cinema where you can read about and purchase rare films.

Tell us a random funny story that comes to mind.
I once saw a bat sucking it's own dick. Is that a story?

What advice would you have given yourself 5 years ago?
'Watch more movies from the 70's' maybe, or 'break up with him NOW'

Any interesting travel stories?
On a recent trip to Sweden, on the airplane I was served orange juice. A few minutes later, another flight attendant came by with coffee. She poured the coffee into my half full orange juice cup and said 'It's all going to the same place anyhow' and walked away.

I'm also a member of the mile high club, we thought we were so smooth but when we landed the crew came up to us and congratulated us, and asked us if we wanted our picture taken. Ooops.

What’s the most incredible thing that ever happened to you.
I had a boyfriend once who managed to get Jonathan Richman to call me on our anniversary, because we went to a Jonathan Richman concert on our first date. So getting a phone call from Jonathan Richman, that was pretty awesome.

And finally, what would you wish for with 3 wishes?
1) Unlimited access to all the movies I wanted.
2) That I had seen the Ramones live
3)I dunno, a fully operational bat cave?

Now it’s your turn! Ask me one question, anything you like.
Why do you blog?

Joe Blogs : I think, therefore I Blog.

Your Site Address :Lilla's Blog