Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Joe Blog's Interview #68 The Secret Of Life Revealed!

Name : Secret Simon
Age : Lickety squit
Location : Leeds, England
Vocation : Writer
Philosophy : We are all one - and the sooner we realize the better.

Sum up what your blog is about.
The secret of life (see below)

Why are you doing your blog?
I love writing and I'm fascinated by the meaning of life & that sort of stuff. I put the two together and out pops a blog.

What’s the funniest entry on your blog?
I'd like to think it's my beautifully crafted piece of comic prose about how untidy I am, The Revenge Of The Slime Monster. But I suspect it's really Some Days You Eat The Bear, which is basically just a link to a picture of a tabby cat chasing a big black bear up a tree, which has to be seen to be believed.

What is your writing style?
I try to be entertaining.

How much would you sell your blog for?
My first reaction was "not for sale" but I suppose if I got a reasonable offer, I'd sell it and then start it up again with a different name: something like The Secret Of Fred, a bit like a tribute band.

What do people commonly say about your site?
I'd be the last to hear.

Why should someone visit your site?
To discover the secret of life (see below).

What is the secret of life?
Oh god, now you put me on the spot. OK then, here we go! The secret of life is that we are all One: all we humans and all living things and everything in the universe are all part of a field of living energy.

What we think of as 'us' isn't really us at all but our ego, which has its uses but likes to get off on giving us all a hard time by telling us that we'd better watch out because everyone else is out to get us. It does this by chattering on in the background all the time, like a TV that's tuned to a program you hate but can't switch off.

What we need to do is to cut that out and pay attention to the present moment instead. Feel the silence. Feel the energy. Feel what's *real* for a change. Then we can all stop killing each other and chill out and start enjoying life instead, which is what we were always supposed to be doing anyway. We need to make this change soon, before we wipe out the human race - so come to my blog right now and find out how. (Brief pause for breath) One important note: You don't have to *believe* any of this. I'm not trying to start some new religion here. Just come along with an open mind and see what you think. Do any of these ideas feel *right* to you?

Try some of the stuff I suggest on my site and see how it makes you feel. This isn't about being told what to think. It's about discovering the truth for yourself. Some of my posts you might like to start with are 'Waking Up', 'Feeling What Is', 'How To Deal With Difficult Emotions' and if you want to know how this all ties in with science, which it does (kind of), 'The Nature Of The Universe'. You'll find links to these posts in the sidebar of my blog. Check out the latest post, too.

Are there any blogs, you enjoy reading?
All the links in my sidebar. Go and give them a try. Most of them are based around either spirituality or humour, and occasionally (like my blog) a mixture of both. I particularly recommend Goodness Graciousness for a feel-good spirituality blog, The Battle Rock Spot for some quirky, thoughtful posts, and Smaller Than Life for humour - except that Salvadore at Smaller Than Life hasn't linked to me so I won't mention him. I'd also like to recommend The Accidental Blogger for a really good funny blog that seems to be overlooked. The A B seems to be AWOL at present but go and read her archives and leave her a comment or two - it might get her started again. But all the blogs I've linked to are great or I wouldn't have linked to them. Read them, read them!

If you could invite anyone to a dinner party who would it be and why?
It'd have to be Jesus, I guess. I'd want to ask him why he spoke in parables so much of the time. If he'd spoken more plainly, it could have saved a lot of trouble.

What would you change, if you were President of the USA?
I'd have to change my nationality first.

What one website would you recommend and why?
Space And Motion is fascinating: lots of quotes and info regarding science and philosophy and the 'secret of life' sort of stuff I was ranting on about above.

Tell us a random funny story that comes to mind.
I can never remember the damn things.

What advice would you have given yourself 5 years ago?
They won't want to buy your novel.

Any interesting travel stories?
'Into The Heart Of Borneo' by Redmond O'Hanlon. It's very funny. (Yes - I deliberately misunderstood you.)

What’s the most incredible thing that ever happened to you.
A sudden awareness of the oneness of all things, just as I was standing around, minding my own business.

And finally, what would you wish for with 3 wishes?
1) Consistent awareness of the secret of life (as described above)
2) The same consistent awareness for everyone else.
3) The genie to take the third wish away.

Now it’s your turn! Ask me one question, anything you like.

What is the funniest book you have ever read?

Joe Blogs : Probably The Twits by Roald Dahl, or Catch 22.

Your Site Address : Secret Of Life