Thursday, February 08, 2007

Joe Blog's Interview #71 Meet Pixie

Name : Shelleigh, Pieshell, Pixie, Pale Blonde Hell
Age : 5 years older than I was on my 35th Birthday
Location : The Gap (between Mesa and Apache Junction Arizona)
Vocation : Mother, Engineer
Philosophy : Every single action you make comes back - threefold. Do good things.

Sum up what your blog is about.
My world : My child / children, life in general and how I am affected by it (very), my friends and our United States Service Members.

Why are you doing your blog?
I'm in engineering... I spend more time at work than I do otherwise... this keeps me connected to the people I love, the causes I endorse and gives me an outlet for my natural (naturally bizarre?) personality - the alternative would be to atrophy emotionally.

What's the funniest entry on your blog?
Honestly... the funniest entries are the comments. Jake and Soul Pumpkin keep things rolling. I'm just not funny...except my ears. My ears are funny.

What is your writing style?
Like this. I write like I speak.

How much would you sell your blog for?
How much would I sell myself for? M-kay? I wouldn't.

What do people commonly say about your site?
"Eclectic". "Comfortable". "Safe"... "I cannot believe how much time I waste at your site - the comments are so funny!"

Why should someone visit your site?
No one "should" visit my site... I encourage ALL people to visit my site however because it is not unlike hanging out in my living room. Anything goes as long as everyone plays nice and doesn't trash the place too badly. I hang out at the bar and mix drinks while others kick back and find like minded individuals or 'old friends' to chat with... if things get out of hand, I step in but that rarely happens. Everyone in the blogroll, all the readers are quality and creative people. I am inspired by my readers, not visa versa. Mi casa su casa!

What did you learn from your first love?
Oh my Gawd. Now you get all serious on me. Honestly - he gave me self esteem... before him, I was invisible. I didn't have LOW self esteem, I had NO self esteem. He showed me how to be a freaky-gothic-rebel-punk (and in the early 80's that was cool)... which paved the way for much self expression. We're still friends. I still love him. He's the hottest-shit Architect in San Francisco thank you very much.

Are there any blogs, you enjoy reading?
See my blogroll. Every single one, every single day. Most frequented: Scribal Terror, Sgt. Hook, My Music Highway, Truth is Freedom, The Ontological Thermals and Ironic Sans. See? Eclectic.

If you could invite anyone to a dinner party who would it be and why?
My mom. My mom throws amazing parties - amazing dinner parties... she has NEVER seen the fruits of her labors - I am an observer. Martha, move the farook over (besides - she never used my grandmother's china and I would love to slap a burger on that antique plate and watch her gasp in horror)... * it's a plate mama, you put food on it *. ahem.

What would you change, if you were President of the USA?
Whoa. Oh boy. Well... for one, I would change the color of the White House, it is terribly ...white. Time to update: I would bring in a little more "Granite" and "Solid Granite" (Dunn & Edwards) to soften the harsh edges and allow for the sunlight to play upon the contours of the ... you mean nationally? Globally? Oh. Let's not go there.

What one website would you recommend and why?
Post Secret. Because we all have them.

Tell us a random funny story that comes to mind
....comes to mind... telling my (then) 2-year old daughter that I was NOT going to buy her blue cheese (she liked the way it looked at the deli counter) because, "it tastes funky" only to have her tell the cashier, "Mommy doesn't like f***ing cheese". Guess you had to be there, but I'm about to pee my pants at the memory.

What advice would you have given yourself 5 years ago?
Do not, under any circumstances buy that house... (where I live) the neighborhood is going to be a ghetto in a year and the HOA president is a Nazi.

Any interesting travel stories?
Why yes! Landed in Nashville, TN in 1982 and watched my mother sign several autographs... people thought she was Barbara Mandrell. What the hell, she thought... so watch those BM autographs you buy on e-bay! ROFLMAO.

What's the most incredible thing that ever happened to you.
I had a baby. No seriously. That is the most incredible thing that has ever happened to me.

And finally, what would you wish for with 3 wishes?
1. I would wish for 3 additional wishes.
2. No more terminal illness.
3. No more hunger.
4. No more abuse.
5. No more intolerance
6. No more hate.
7. No more war.

Now it's your turn! Ask me one question, anything you like.

Why me?

Joe Blogs : You have got a nice kind hearted site.

Your Site Address : Pixies Lair