Thursday, March 01, 2007

Joe Blog's Interview #95 Revealed : How To Tell If A Guy Is A Jerk

Name : Jennifer Jones
Age : I’m the perfect age!
Location : Virginia
Vocation : Therapist, yoga teacher, musician
Philosophy : The universe is calling forth the goodness and creativity within each of us to further the unfolding our the story.

Sum up what your blog is about.
How to Tell if a Guy is a Jerk, is my attempt to lightheartedly help women find great men, and to help great men be found!

Why are you doing your blog?
I encounter many women who need some help in finding a great guy, and there are great men who need help to be found!


What is the funniest entry on your site?
I posted about a device known as a “Jerk meter”… this is a real devise used by scientists to measure jerks. I’m not kidding. I randomly discovered there was such a thing and decided my blog is actually Jerk meter. The post may not really be that funny but for some reason, the idea of brilliant, scientists all sitting around studying jerks with their Jerk meter just made me laugh!

What is your writing style?
For this blog, I write as if I am writing to all my girlfriends who have made some poor choices in finding a partner. On occasion however, I do find myself switching into counselor mode but mostly it is lighthearted and positive!

What do people commonly say about your site?
Everyone (with one exception), who has commented on my site has praised it! What is surprising is how many men totally love this site! I think it validates them because they are really great guys! I’ve had tons of women tell me they wish they had found the site earlier!

What would you be doing if you weren’t doing your blog?
My free time is my blogging time so if I didn’t blog I would be finishing up art projects, gardening, reading, or working on some research project!

Why should someone visit your site?
Single women looking for a great guy should definitely read this blog to assist them in finding a really terrific man. I’ve also had lots of dad’s recommend this site to their daughters so parents that want their daughter to stop hooking out with not-so-great guys may find it helpful. I put a lot of effort into making this blog very positive toward men… it really celebrates their goodness and highlights the fact that women don’t need to settle for jerks. There are great men out there!

What did you learn from your first love?
My current love is my first and only true love. I’ve learned about life, about myself, about relationships, about what it means to be partner, and what it means to truly love and be loved.

Are there any blogs, you enjoy reading?
I have several. I really enjoy blogs that give me something to ponder, something that expands my mind and heart and experience of life, or something that enriches my soul!

If you could invite anyone to a dinner party who would it be and why?
I have a very LONG list of people with whom I would like to chat…Mostly scientists, spiritual masters, and, enlightened thinkers… Stephen Hawking, Brian Swimme, Robert Wright, Ursula Goodenough, come immediately to mind.

What one website would you recommend and why?
I have numerous great sites I would recommend, but Greg Laden’s “Evolution – it’s not just a theory anymore”, is really important and timely for our world.

Tell us about a good deed you have done recently.
I decided to dedicate some of my blogging time to the individual needs of readers who contact me. Communicating with readers has been a big blessing in my life.

So can you summarize, how can you tell if a guy is a jerk?
It comes down to two things…. Women need to live consciously and listen to their gut! So many women ignore important warning signs, and they ignore their own heart and mind. I am hoping to help women more clearly identify what is or is not a truly great man. The things that make a man great have more to do with integrity, decency, and respect than they do how much money they have, what kind of car they drive, or how powerful is their job!

On the flip side, how can you tell if a woman is not right for you?
I think for both men and women, the secret to finding someone right for you is to really know yourself, and to know what is important to you. Being really clear about what you want in your life and in your relationship makes a big difference.

What advice would you have given yourself 5 years ago?
As long as I can remember, I’ve needed the same advice… be true to yourself, listen to your heart, follow your dreams. I still need this! LOL!

Any interesting travel stories?
I’ve had some amazing adventures… my most exotic travel experience was living in a very, VERY remote native Alaskan village for a summer. No, electricity, no phones, no cars…. It was wild!

What’s the most incredible thing that ever happened to you?
I’ve had some amazing experiences but the two most profound are: Knowing and experiencing love, and giving birth.

Ask me one question, anything you like.
What can we do to heal the world and bring goodness to our lives?

Joe Blogs : Brings to mind a Michael Jackson song. Um, I don't know, if we all treated each other as we would want to be treated is a good one. Quite a big question really. Charity begins at home I say, does that make me a jerk? Or the fact that I sometimes wear mismatching socks, and misuse apostrophes, how do I rate on the Jerk meter?

Read Jennifer's Blog to find out more on this complex issue.

Your Site Address : How To Tell If A Guy Is A Jerk