Friday, March 02, 2007

Joe Blog's Interview #96 Welcome To Hicksville

Name : Choochoo (well, no. Not really)
Age : 27.
Location : Hellhole.
Vocation : Student and writer (= broke) and professional complainer.
Philosophy : Someone ought to give me money just for being me.




Sum up what your blog is about.
Well, basically it’s a collection of all the strange stuff that is allowed to go on inside my mind when there's nobody there to stop me.

Why are you doing your blog?
I'd like to say that it’s because it’s about all things important and that it's got all sorts of deep meanings, but that would be a blatant lie. Mostly it’s because of boredom.

What’s the funniest entry on your site?
Oh, its all brilliant stuff, of course and I would highly recommend that everyone reads it all. But if I absolutely have to pick one, I'd choose the one from 22/02, about the guy who got shot by his dog. Basically, because I find the idea of being shot by a pet funny, but also because my long-term blogging memory sucks.

What is your writing style?
Am I supposed to have style? Damn, I thought it was enough to just show up...

What do people commonly say about your site?
The word "therapy" keeps coming up. I have no idea why. A friend once told me that if I had a wild, exciting life somewhere civilized, in stead of just blogging out of boredom, it would be the best blog ever. My ego just sucked that one right up and swelled like you wouldn't believe. And I liked it.

What would you be doing if you weren’t doing your blog?
It would probably be a toss-up between watching TV or shovelling the driveway.

Why should someone visit your site?
If nobody ever visited my site, there would be no point in blogging and then I'd have to shovel the driveway, which depresses the hell out of me. You wouldn't really want to be responsible for that, would you?

What did you learn from your first love?
I had my first love when I was eight years old. It was Cary Grant, who was both gay and dead. Eventually I learned to not develop crushes on men unless they were alive, straight and in colour.

Are there any blogs, you enjoy reading?
Sure. Too many. I have a whole link list on my site. See, there's another good reason to visit, right there.

If you could invite anyone to a dinner party who would it be and why?
Cary Grant. Okay, so I'm not -completely- over it. So shoot me.

What one website would you recommend and why?
I always check PostSecret every Sunday. It's fascinating.

Tell us about a good deed you have done recently.
I made a donation when the National Organization Against Crib Death called not that long ago. That made me feel like a real grown-up. But then they started calling me almost every day, and I had all sorts of ugly thoughts about them, so I'm thinking that I might have blown whatever karma I racked up there...

What are the people like in Hickville?
They drive tractors everywhere and they're very religious. Not normal religions, mind you. They have weird sect religions. They also wear overalls a lot.

Tell us a random funny story that comes to mind.
A few years ago we rented a very nice cabin on a very nice island in a very nice forest. Around the cabin, there were sheep, some of which were nice and some weren't. I once went there with my uncle and my cousin. My uncle, being slightly odd, spent the evening playing heavy metal songs on a ukulele. This drove the sheep into what could only be described as a mad frenzy. They broke through the fence and crapped absolutely everywhere. That was funny. At least it was once we put some distance between ourselves and the huge piles of sheep-crap.

What advice would you have given yourself 5 years ago?
Get over yourself, for crying out loud!

Any interesting travel stories?
I once went to Bulgaria where I gave several lifeguards a fright (or many frights) by floating face-down in the water as if I'd drowned. In my defence, I wasn't very old. Old enough to know better, but young enough to ignore that fact.

What’s the most incredible thing that ever happened to you?
That might be the thing with the sheep. I feel as if I really learned something about those woolly creatures that day.

Now it’s your turn! Ask me one question, anything you like.

What did you do on September 9th 1998?

Joe Blogs : Oh good question. This is like those what were you doing during JFK assassination or 911 questions. Okay so 9th September 1998, I'm not sure exactly what I was doing that day. I was 17 so probably not up too much good. I was enrolled at college doing A Levels in Media, Sociology, and English Literature. I was probably still getting over England's poor showing in the World Cup come to think of it.

So that's me, it begs the question what were you doing on that day Choochoo?

Your Site Address : Stop Looking At Me