Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Joe Blogs Interview #105 Comic Book Enthusiast

Name : David Campbell
Age : Thirtysomething
Location : Seattle area
Vocation : Corporate drone / freelance writer
Philosophy : Sartrean existentialism

Sum up what your blog is about.
I post "humorous" commentaries on the dog-eared comic books in my somewhat vast collection.

Why are you doing your blog?
Chicks and money. Actually, I'm hoping to convey my appreciation and affection for the comic book medium. I often mock horrible comics, but I find almost as much value in horrible comics as I do in great ones.

What's the funniest entry on your site?
Hmm... hard to say, but my treatise on the sexualization of Power Girl is a perennial favorite among readers. Probably because I use the word "boobs" and "breasts" 500 times in that post alone. Thanks Google!

What is your writing style?
Casual and low-brow.

What do people commonly say about your site?
"It used to be funnier."

What would you be doing if you weren't doing your blog?
Working.

Why should someone visit your site?
If they're bored at work or they can't sleep.

What did you learn from your first love?
Don't date Mormons.

Are there any blogs, you enjoy reading?
Yes, plenty! I enjoy Armagideon Time , Beaucoup Kevin, Mike Sterling's Progressive Ruin, Bully Says: Comics Oughta Be Fun! and Chris's Invincible Super-Blog, the blog run by my arch-rival who I will crush some day. Some day...

If you could invite anyone to a dinner party who would it be and why?
Ted Nugent - just to watch my liberal wife FREAK OUT!

What is your favourite comic and why?
Gosh, does anybody really have a favorite comic? Probably Superman vs Muhammad Ali or Hitman #34 , because they're both full of goodness.

What is the most controversial comic you have read?
Those crazy-ass Jack Chick fundamentalist pamphlets. They're insane.

Tell us about a good deed you have done recently.
I don't know. I held the door open for an old lady the other day - does that count?

Tell us a random funny story that comes to mind.
The other day a seagull sh*t on my head. That's all I got.

What advice would you have given yourself 5 years ago?
Bet on the Angels to win the World Series.

Any interesting travel stories?
I have been charged by a bear, nearly drowned in class IV rapids, been swept out to sea, accosted by German thugs, broke my back whilst skiing too fast, seen a ghost, had a bullet pass between my legs, had my car attacked by a huge Samoan dude in a bowling alley parking lot, and drank the water when I shouldn't have.

What's the most incredible thing that ever happened to you?
Mushy but true: the birth of my two girls.

Now it's your turn! Ask me one question, anything you like.

Joe Blogs, answer me this : who would win in a fight, Chewbacca or Worf?

Joe Blogs : Worf would win because he would slice and dice Chewbacca with his bat'leth(Klingon Sword).

Your Site Address : Dave's Long Box