Thursday, May 10, 2007

Joe Blog's Interview #115 The Iraqi Dentist







Name :
Omar
Age : mid-twenties
Location :Baghdad
Vocation :Dentist
Philosophy : yet to choose one

Sum up what your blog is about.
Iraq and the war on terror, that's what it's pretty much about.

Why are you doing your blog?
To tell the world what's going on from an Iraqi perspective.

What’s the funniest entry on your site?
No funny entries on my blog as far as I know. War and politics at a time of war leave little, if any, space for humorous writing.

What is your writing style?
I honestly don't know. I haven’t received any training for writing so I just write whatever comes to my mind and feel is worth mentioning...I simply let the ideas decide the shape of the posts.

What do people commonly say about your site?
Things range from "excellent, informative, reliable" to "fake, propaganda, full of lies".

What would you be doing if you weren’t doing your blog?
Pulling and filling more teeth.

Why should someone visit your site?
I think the visitors can answer this one better, maybe because they enjoy our reporting or because they want to know what some guy in Baghdad thinks about the situation in Iraq.

What did you learn from your first love?
There was no such thing,

Are there any blogs, you enjoy reading?
Yeah, there's a bunch of blogs that I read quite often including Instapundit, Mudvill Gazette, The Fourth Rail, Michael Totten, Sandmonkey and many others.

What makes you feel positive about Iraq today?
The resiliency of our people and their love for life.

What conclusions have you come to over the situation in Iraq?
In what respect? Books can be written on this, you know!

If you could invite anyone to a dinner party who would it be and why?
I have made friends with many people through the blog whom I hadn't meet thus far, I'd like to invite those guys if I could.

Tell us about a good deed you have done recently.
Recently? Nothing.

Tell us a random funny story that comes to mind.
hat's funny to me might not be funny to you and vice versa. There are rare times when I laughed at a joke told by a westerner so let's spare everyone the embarrassment.

What advice would you have given yourself 5 years ago?
To spend more time on reading.

Any interesting travel stories?
That would be my trip to the States a couple years ago but I prefer to keep it for myself.

What’s the most incredible thing that ever happened to you?
Nothing significant thus far, but I'm expecting something big quite soon. Will talk about it when the time comes.

Your Site Address : Iraq The Model