Thursday, November 30, 2006

Mr Joe Blog's Blog Review Service #4

Have your blog, or website, reviewed by me. Just let me know your site address, and a little bit about the content. A Joe Blog's Review will be a detailed look at your site, looking at overall quality, inventiveness, writing quality, design and style, and fan base. Each reviewed site will get a review and link back published here.

It'd be great if you can link back to me in return.

Email me(in my profile), or leave a comment below :)

Mr Joe Blog’s Blog Review Service #4
Title : Miss Cellania, What… You Think This Is Funny?
Genre : Humour Blog
Owner : Miss Cellania

Summary Of Content
Miss Cellania is a single mum, and currently unemployed radio announcer, who resides in Kentucky. She is an unemployed radio star widow with two twice-orphaned daughters. She loves dogs and cats, is a fan of Monty Python, and appears to be a Trekky and Star Wars fan judging by the posts, and a serious gardener. She states her favorite subject is men. At the time of writing she says she has been single for 20 months, a record in her adult lifetime. Doesn’t quite beat mine! She says ‘I don't mean a record for being dateless (which it is), or a record for not having a significant other or boyfriend (which it is), I'm saying its a record length of time for me being unmarried’, ‘Still, I would prefer Mr. Right to Mr. Right Now.’

She says ‘After spending more than half my life playing music on the radio, plus ten years married to another disc jockey followed by ten years married to a professional musician, you could say I know a little about music. Once I took a test and found I have an excellent “ear” for music. That means I can hear exactly how badly I sing!’

Interestingly she says her mother is ‘the woman who is my hero more than any other person. She came from a family that was so poor they didn’t even brag about it like so many do. Now, at an age where there are 50 women to every man, SHE has a steady boyfriend. I only wish I could be half the woman she is.’ She also talks fondly of her dad, ‘My Dad had a surefire way to avoid mowing the lawn, fishing.’


Her blog has links to funny websites, videos and cartoons, games, quizzes and products. She says she tries to keep the personal rambling short, and devotes her blog to fun stuff that we may enjoy. She often runs with a topic with her own introduction. Although a lot of her site is content from other bloggers and links, she does write some humourous content herself.


On the subject of her moving home she says shes a hillbilly, the horizon gives her headaches. And she say ‘Now I have my first cell phone. Its a Swiss Army cellphone, with camera, video camera, games, clock, alarm clock, radio, notepad, recorder, address book, internet capability, text messaging, the works...’ And she says ‘I belong to a Yahoo group where one of the possible reasons for inclusion is a history of mutilating Barbies. And we still do it as adults, although we grownups do it by making jokes or taking pictures of Barbie in compromising positions, so to speak.’ Now to me that is funny!


She looks at office terminology for example :
Cube Farm : An office filled with cubicles, Prairie Dogging : When someone yells or drops something loudly in a cube farm, and people's heads pop up over the walls to see what's going on.
15. 404 : Someone who's clueless. From the World Wide Web error Message "404 Not Found," meaning that the requested site could not be located.

The content she lists is often funny and intriguing, and she says she often collect links for over a year.. She singles out, too many to mention, great jokes, which she does credit people for, including on the subject of oil, ‘We just didn't know we were getting low. The reason for that is purely geographical. Our OIL is located in Alaska, California, Oklahoma, and Texas., our DIPSTICKS are located in Washington DC!(ken).’

She also makes serious points about parenting, and on her trip to Washington states ‘Jesus said the poor will always be with us, but why can’t we do something concrete to help so many people two blocks from the White House?’ Also a nice touch are her thoughts for the day, a couple of the best ones I saw were :

Two wrongs don't make a right, but two Wrights made an airplane.

Needing someone is like needing a parachute. If he isn't there the first time you need him, chances are you won't be needing him again.


Design : Nice plain white design. Usual profile, and picture. Also some comedy glasses and nose design. Easy to navigate.

Conclusion : It is quite possibly one of the most extensive sites I have seen for links to humourous content. It is a virtual encyclopedia for a myriad of different jokes on different topics and still growing. So a good site and worth checking out, theres definitely something for everyone, or anyone whos up for a laugh that is!

Site Address : http://www.misscellania.com/