Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Joe Blog's Interview #10 The Walrus Speaks



Joe Blogs ‘On The Blogspot
Interview #10


Name : The Station Agent
Age : 32
Location : Antarctica.
Vocation : Archivist
Life Philosophy : The Dude abides.

Joe Blogs : Sum up what your blog is about for us
The Station Agent : It's a team blog. Hector Diego and I have been intellectual foils since our college days and we decided to take our long running discourse to a blog and our touchstone is the Beatles.

Joe Blogs : Why did you decide to do a blog?
The Station Agent : I've been blogging for a year or so over at Ice Station Tango and I showed Hector what I do over there and he expressed interest in teaming up, but in an appropriate context for us, so we went for it.

Joe Blogs : What's the funniest article on your blog?
The Station Agent : Now that you mention it, we're pretty earnest in our approach. We're not humorless, but we're not really going for laughs.

Joe Blogs : What keeps you motivated to keep adding posts?
The Station Agent : I feel like American culture blows, so we want to try to contribute. Beats sitting around whining.

Joe Blogs : Do you envy any other blogs?
The Station Agent : Naw. There's plenty of fine blogs, but blogging is free. If you want your blog to be something else, you just take it there.

Joe Blogs : If you could recommend one website, what would it be and explain why (can't be your own website!)
The Station Agent : One blog?Blue Gal.

Joe Blogs : What are the common things people say about your blog?
The Station Agent : We don't get those kinds of comments. Usually there's an issue to address, and the commenters just respond to that stuff. It's been very positive.

Joe Blogs : What's the worst thing about doing your blog?
The Station Agent : Wish I had more time. I run a very prolific blog at Ice Station Tango and I work full time and I write fiction and have a band, so I'm busy as shit.

Joe Blogs : Tell us a funny story about anything that comes to mind?
The Station Agent : I got an email from a nice enough fella asking me to review a book by his client. I didn't even look at the synopsis. I wrote back, saying yes. I got the book a few days later in the mail and it's horrible. I hope that guy's not reading this, but I'm sorry dude, it's just not going to work out for you. Problem is, I'm not going to give the guy a bad review. So now I have to send the guy the book back and I really feel shitty about it. I hate to be negative about someones art unless they get paid a lot, or they think they're the shit.

Joe Blogs : What would you like to improve on your blog?
The Station Agent : It could look better.

Joe Blogs : Why should someone visit your blog?
The Station Agent : Well, Hector Diego loves visitors, so the banter alone is worth it. I say we put on a damn good show, we cover a lot of ground--religion, music, culture, politics, whatever. It's fair game.

Joe Blogs : If you weren't doing your blog, how would you spend your time?
The Station Agent : Writing scripts.

Joe Blogs : Tell us what you want for Christmas?
The Station Agent : Some recording equipment. I'd like to try to make some Talk Radio demos or something.

Your Site Address : The Walrus Speaks