Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Joe Blog's Interview #11 Precious China

Joe Blogs ‘On The Blogspot
Interview #11

Name : China Blue
Age : 27
Location : East London
Vocation : Writer/Temp
Life Philosophy : You only live once

Joe Blogs : Sum up what your blog is about for us
China Blue : It's about my thoughts on anything and everything.

Joe Blogs : Why did you decide to do a blog?
China Blue : I was diagnosed with chronic boredom whilst at work, and blogging was the only cure - also, it made me look busy.

Joe Blogs : What's the funniest article on your blog?
China Blue : Oh, that would have to be 'Vadge of Honour'. I got some really good feedback from it, in real life as well as on the blog.

Joe Blogs : What keeps you motivated to keep adding posts?
China Blue : The attention - it's addictive. Plus, knowing that my writing has improved and can improve even more spurs me on. It's nice to have an alter-ego to give voice to, so it's a form of self-expression too.

Joe Blogs : Do you envy any other blogs?
China Blue : Yes - there was one called Diary of Barbie's Worst Enemy, I love intelligently written opinion, even if I don't always agree with it. I think I need to start using longer words. Anything that shows a certain level of depth and insight and thorough research, really. That's what I aspire to.

Joe Blogs : If you could recommend one website, what would it be and explain why (can't be your own website!)
China Blue : PostSecret - it's deeply poignant, touching, funny, and sometimes shocking.

Joe Blogs : What are the common things people say about your blog?
China Blue : 'I laughed so hard, I did a bit of wee' has to rank among the highest compliment I've been paid - and I had never been described as bitchy before writing it, either. It's also been described as well-written, mostly by people who write far better than I - that also means a great deal.

Joe Blogs : What's the worst thing about doing your blog?
China Blue : Suffering writer's block - having a germ of a good idea for a post, but having it turn to dust when I sit down to write.

Joe Blogs : Tell us a funny story about anything that comes to mind?
China Blue : It's all in the telling, I find - but people usually snigger when I mention I had my tongue pierced, spent most of the 6 months I had the piercing dribbling, lisping and sounding like I had something unmentionable in my mouth - then swallowed the bastard thing after buying myself new tongue jewellery.

Joe Blogs : What would you like to improve on your blog?
China Blue : I'd like to improve my comedy technique, and also deepen my cultural criticism skills. Back to the A-Level 'How to write an Essay' notes, then...

Joe Blogs : Why should someone visit your blog?
China Blue : Because if they want something unpredictable, sharp, funny or even sweet and insightful, they should come over. I generally don't do 'fluffy'; no disrespect to those who do, of course.

Joe Blogs : If you weren't doing your blog, how would you spend your time?
China Blue : Writing my novel and working on ideas. Otherwise, monging on Popbitch or MySpace. I might even find time to do some proper work.

Your Site Address : The Girl With The Golden Mind