Thursday, December 14, 2006

Joe Blogs Interview #12 Dizzy Girl

Name : Gennie
Age : 29...going on 16
Location : Savannah, Georgia USA
Vocation : Photographer / Newspaper Reporter
Life Philosophy : "What would Lebowski do?"

Sum up what your blog is about for us :
It's my own private space to where I can let my feelings out. It's a place where I can vent without making people in my real-life mad. I can continue to be this nice, cordial gal in real-life and be a complete, raving mad woman on the net without anyone thinking I'm too weird. Oh and it feeds me ego. :)

Why did you decide to do a blog?
I started blogging about six-seven years ago. It wasn't called "blogging" then. I created a free site on Angelfire and posted little rants and such. Then I moved to Geocities, where I started to gain a loyal readership. From there, I bought my own domain, and the rest is history. I've been blogging at Dizzy-Girl.net for about four years now. What's the funniest article on your blog?
Oh, lord, I have no idea. Not to sound full of myself, but there are quite a few things I've written, that when I've went back and re-read them, I busted out laughing. Most of them involve lots of cussing. I've noticed that I'm more amusing when incredibly ticked-off and in full-on cussing mode. Here are a few that I like, plus ones that my readers seem to find the most amusing.
My First Golden Shower: An Illustrated Story
I'm Too Old for This Shit
Britney Spears Pregnant
This Is The Good Life
Bless His Heart

What keeps you motivated to keep adding posts?
My life is full of drama. Drama at home. Drama at work. Drama at Walmart. Drama at the gas station. Drama, drama, drama. There's always something I can bitch about. When I'm not fussing, I like to post about things happening around me, functions I attend. I also love politics, so that keeps me going too. I'm on a bit of a break from the politics for the time being though. I'm sure it'll kick back in come Presidential election time. Overall though, I like getting my feelings and thoughts out. It's very therapeutic. And I love the interaction I have with my readers.

Do you envy any other blogs?
I've never envied another blog or another blogger. I've looked up to other bloggers or have been inspired by them, but never envied. I've never wanted the traffic of another blog or anything like that. I'd love to be envied though. :)

If you could recommend one website, what would it be and explain why (can't be your own website!)
Just one? Wikipedia I could spend all day on Wiki. I'm like a sponge, in that I like to absorb lots of facts and interesting bits of history and such. It's the perfect place for a nerd like me. I also recommend Hype Machine It's the Garden of Eden for us Indie folks.

What are the common things people say about your blog?
I'm afraid to know what people think about my blog! I'm very opinionated, so I tend to make a lot of people mad. A month or so back, I asked my readers what they thought about my blog and these were the things they said:

"...you seem fun...""...you amuse me...""I really enjoy your Jambalayas!""...you have some interesting things to say."
"I love to read a good rant.""I kept liking what I was reading, despite our differences, which incidentally, aren't that different at all."
"You're not afraid to be yourself, when so many other bloggers are paranoid and don't really say what they really think. They hold back for fear for offending anyone, but you say it like it is. That's refreshing."
"I like your descriptive comments on life and what is happening in your world. "
I totally did not pay any of those people to say those things! LOL. You can read the rest here

What's the worst thing about doing your blog?
I don't know if there is one. I really enjoy it. Sometimes I get so busy with real-life stuff that I neglect it, but I haven't gotten to the point to where I hate something about it. I hope I never get to that point, because I love blogging.

Tell us a funny story about anything that comes to mind?
Funny story? I've got a million of them. When I was in high school, I was also a student nurse through a local technical school. One of my rotations was in a hospital, bathing patients and such. So one day, I get this very nice elderly black lady. I give her a bed bath and we're talking and chatting away and she asks me to grab her lotion from the windowsill and apply it to her legs. I do, still chatting and having a grand ole time, and I look down and notice the lotion isn't blending in. It's actually getting whiter. So I rub some more...keeping rubbing...keep rubbing and the damn stuff just isn't disappearing. I look over, grab the bottle, and am appalled to find out that I've just rubbed this sweet lady down in BenGay. I had tears in my eyes from embarrassment and the lady just busted out laughing. I gave her another bath and she was so tickled that she kissed me on my cheek. I could hear her laughing all the way down the hall when I walked out of her room. Now, when I see BenGay, I think of her and just smile. :)

What would you like to improve on your blog?
I'm fairly satisfied with my blog is. I just made the switch from MT to WordPress, which I'm loving. It's so much more user friendly, especially for those of us who have a hard time with plugins and templates. Would I sound like a total snot if I said that I didn't think I had anything to improve on? LOL.

Why should someone visit your blog?
Because it's the bestest! *big cheerleader whoop and jump* I cover a variety of topics, from politics to pop culture to charities to anything and everything in between. You can't classify my blog into any one category. I'm a Mom, but not a Mommy Blogger. I blog politics, but I'm not a political blogger. I post stupid and random celebrity gossip, but I'm certainly not one of those dreaded gossip blogs. I post music, but I'm not a music blogger. I have a little something for everyone. And I have an award-winning personality and fantabulous hair. :)

If you weren't doing your blog, how would you spend your time?
Reading. I love to read. I'll literally read anything I can get my hands on. I can usually go through a 400-700 page book a night. And that's reading every word. I never skip or scan...that's just cheating! If I weren't reading, I'd be taking photographs. That's a true passion I share with my husband, and it's something my son is starting to show interest in. On our days off, we drive around taking pictures of the beach, old cemeteries, and the historic district. We're addicted to photography.

Tell us what you want for Christmas?
I need money...lots of it! I'm hoping Santa brings me a big bag of it this year, because I'm hurtin' right now. Contrary to what others may believe, being a reporter and a photographer doesn't bring in much money. We're just living on love around Chez Dizzy.

Oh, I wouldn't mind to see Rupert Grint underneath my tree. He's of legal age now, so I can say that. *winks*

Your Site Address : Dizzy Girl