Saturday, January 06, 2007

Joe Blog's Interview #27 Fundies!

Name : Gale Martin
Age : 48
Location : Lancaster County Pennsylvania
Vocation : marketing for a college
Philosophy : Youth is a gift, but aging is a work of art.





Sum up what your blog is about for us.
When midlife came crashing down on me, I realized blogging was whole bunches cheaper than getting Botox injections, buying a red Miata, divorcing my husband, or self-publishing my autobiographical novel. I also needed to talk about the challenges of being 40-something. It's God's little joke on women that he ramps up our sex drives at my age when we fight sags and bags, rather than at twenty, when we are firm and fit as nylon strings. So my blog is about everyday stuff--driving, coffee, strange words, sex, marriage, midlife, stupid things people do that tick me off, and how to look good naked without really trying.

Why are you doing your blog?
To practice writing, to rake in the love and admiration of readers around the globe, to become filthy rich, to prove to the world that not everyone from Lancaster County is Amish and eschews electricity, and to teach the world the meaning of eschew.

How much would you sell your blog for?
I would sell it for $30,485.16, which is its precise market value per Technorati's highly sophisticated blog valuing instrument called "What is your blog worth?"

Tell us a random funny story that comes to mind.
After complete strangers began leaving generous comments on my blog, I got a little full of myself and Googled "Gale Martin" images. Not only didn't I come up at all, but a picture of a horse came up instead. In fairness to the horse, he did have a great set of gams--just like me.

Are there any blogs you enjoy reading?

What's the funniest entry on your blog?
I polled my readers, and they said it was "The Circle of Death."

What is your writing style?
Ascerbic, dry, wryly funny when funny, and breezy.

Why should someone visit your site?
I like to think I'm funny, intelligent, sensual, and creative--and sometimes all of those things in one post, and, most importantly, I'm not boring.

What do people commonly say about your site?
One stranger gave me a shout out saying, "She is witty, clever and all the things that I like in a writer." Another random shout out I got said this, "Her self-effacing humor keeps me reading and reading and reading. Isn't that what good blogs do?" Others have told me I should write humor, and I want to ask them, "Who do you think wrote the blog you are laughing at now?"

If you could recommend one website, what would it be and explain why.
For bloggers, I would say you should definitely make sure you exchange links with the Bestest Blog of All Time site. In so many ways, that site gave me the traffic I really felt my blog deserved.

Tell us just one of your favourite actors, actress's, film, song, and comedian.
I love John Cusack. He's original and not a classic pretty boy. His flaws make him more attractive to me. I like the movie Ordinary People, the first movie directed by Robert Redford. Why do I like it? He didn't bludgeon the book making it. I also love The Princess Bride (the book and the movie for the same reason.) I used to like Richard Pryor and Steve Martin a lot. But my all-time favorite is Danny Kaye.


Tell us a joke.
"Have you heard about a new novelty gift called Fundies? It's underwear built for two. Sounds like a barrel of fun. Who wouldn't want a pair of Fundies, right?


"Oh, the places you'll go in your Fundies for two. To the store, to the park, you can go to the zoo".

What would you wish for with 3 wishes?
Free chemical peels for life; for a literary agent who signed me saying, "You're the brightest new talent since Melissa Bank;" to boink John Cusack (and not have my husband divorce me because of it.)




Your Site Address : Lespiritdescalier