Sunday, April 01, 2007

Joe Blog's Interview #101 Will Sean Ever Hold Down A Job?

Name : Sean Aiken
Age : 25
Location : Depends what week.
Vocation : Passion Seeker.
Philosophy : "one life, make it right"

Sum up what your blog is about.
I am on a nationwide job search travelling throughout the country accepting a different job each week.


Anyone can offer me a job for one week, the job can be anything, anywhere. My blog is about my journey. This video sums it up :




Why are you doing your blog?
I don't want to be stuck working some job that I hate doing for the rest of my life. You shouldn't do it either!

What's the funniest entry on your site?
I was filming a video about how important I was during my Week Five job and that I could now enter the "Employee Entrance." Yet as I went outside and started filming, I realized that the door had locked behind me.




What is your writing style?
Depends on what mood I am in, could be very passionate if I have had a new revelation. Those entries are fun.

What do people commonly say about your site?
Wow, that's really cool, wish I had thought about the idea.

What would you be doing if you weren't doing your blog?
Probably travelling the world, maybe relaxing on some beach somewhere.

Why should someone visit your site?
See answer to question before the last;)

What did you learn from your first love?
That girls are mean. But, I got over it.

Are there any blogs, you enjoy reading?
This guy is good stuff. Just picked up a copy of his new book, and I think you should do the same. Kyle Macdonald, One Red Paperclip

If you could invite anyone to a dinner party who would it be and why?
Donald Trump. To see if I could convince him to give me a One Week Job.

What would you consider to be the worst job in the world?
Anything that you hate doing.

Which job have you enjoyed the most?
Being a columnist with a daily newspaper, got a 'Media' pass to cover a Wine Tasting Festival, sampled some Hardy's wine, with the man Bill Hardy himself.

Tell us about a good deed you have done recently.
hmm, good question, I'll get on that.

Tell us a random funny story that comes to mind.
I just got into a new city last night for Week Six and am staying with somebody, I have never met before. I was really tired and for some reason within 5 minutes of being here, I starting laughing hysterically at absolutely nothing, like crying I was laughing so hard. She just stood there and watched me for about 10 minutes until I regained my composure. A little awkward.

What advice would you have given yourself 5 years ago?
Everything is going to be okay.

Any interesting travel stories?
Many, check out Travel Blogger. I was once on a train in the middle of Switzerland, the train stopped at a village in the country side, it was so hot outside, my friend was in the bathroom, I looked out the window and saw a sign for a delicious ice cream cone. I debated a few mintues whether I had enough time to get one and get back in time. I went for it, and as I came around the corner the train was pulling away, I had no passport, no money, no train pass, my friend didn't know that i had gotten off the train... but boy was that ice cream tasty.

What's the most incredible thing that ever happened to you?
I found my friend randomly 5 hours later in a central station, after many other interesting stories in between.

Now it's your turn! Ask me one question, anything you like.

What do you want to be when you grow up?

Joe Blogs : I want to be a billionaire tycoon, and hire and fire Donald Trump. A home in Miami would be good too with a parking space for my own jumbo jet. Failing that, taking over the Letterman Show would be good.

Visit Sean's Blog and help make poverty history.

Your Site Address : One Week Job